Innovative Bankruptcy and Litigation Solutions
Bankruptcy – Restructuring
Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Trustee, Northern District of Texas
Laurie Dahl Rea, partner for the Firm, has more than two decades of experience in bankruptcy law representing debtors, creditors, Committees, trustees, and litigants. She also served as law clerk to the Honorable Russell F. Nelms and the late Honorable Harold C. Abramson , both former bankruptcy judges in the Northern District of Texas.
State Bar of Texas and admitted to practice in the Northern, Western, Eastern and Southern Districts of Texas and the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- University of Houston (B.A. 1992).
- University of Houston Law Center (J.D. 1996).
Other Activities and Honors
- Member of the Executive Committee for the John C Ford Inn of Court 2014-2022.
- Served as Chair of the Tarrant County Bankruptcy Bar from 2011 to 2012.
- Served in the planning committee for the Texas Bench Bar Conference in 2007 and 2009; Co-Chaired with Judge Schmidt in 2011.
- Named a “Rising Star” in the area of bankruptcy law by Texas Monthly and Law & Politics in 2005-2009.
Publications & Presentations
- “Rules Changes: 2015 and 2016 changes to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure” for the University of Texas Advanced Business Bankruptcy Seminar in June 2016.
- “8 Simple Tips to Improve Your Writing” with Judge Nelms for the Texas Bankruptcy Bench Bar Conference in June 2013.
- “Effective Use of Courtroom Technology” with Judge Nelms for the Texas Bankruptcy Bench Bar Conference May 2011.
- “503(b)(9) Claims” for the Dallas Bar Association and the John C Ford Inn in 2009 with Michael Cooley and Nellwyn Voorhies.
- “Chapter 15: Fundamentals & Recent Case Survey” presented with Bill Wallander for the UT Advanced Business Bankruptcy Seminar in May 2008.
- “Contested Confirmation Issues—Cramdown, Rate, Value and the Absolute Priority Rule” for the Mississippi Bankruptcy Conference in September 2003.
- “Bankruptcy Issues for Insurers” for the Texas Association of Defense Counsel in September 2003.