Innovative Bankruptcy and Litigation Solutions
Bankruptcy – Restructuring
Matthew G. Maben, a partner with the Firm, practices in the areas of bankruptcy, business reorganizations, and creditor’s rights. Mr. Maben has substantial experience in creditor’s rights representation and avoidance litigation.
Mr. Maben was selected a “Top Attorney” by his peers by Fort Worth Magazine (December, 2013). Mr. Maben was previously selected in the state-wide survey of 65,000 Texas lawyers as a “Texas Rising Star” in 2007, 2009 and 2010 by Super Lawyers Magazine.
Forshey Prostok is the only Fort Worth firm recognized in the 2015 edition of the Chambers USA/America’s Leading Lawyers for Business. The firm is recognized in the 2015 Chambers as a leading bankruptcy firm in Texas and is the only “boutique” firm so recognized. Mr. Maben was also selected in Chambers USA 2010, 2011 and 2012 as Leaders in their Field.
Education & Professional
- Baylor University (B.A. 1999).
- Southern Methodist University (J.D. cum laude, 2002).
- Former Law Clerk to former Honorable D. Michael Lynn, United States Bankruptcy Judge, Northern District of Texas, Fort Worth Division.
- Licensed to practice law in Texas.
- Admitted to practice before the United States District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas and the Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
Publications & Presentations
“Requirements for Claim-Reservation Provisions Growing Clearer,” Co-Author with J. Robert Forshey and Clarke Rogers, Texas Lawyer, February 18, 2013.