Innovative Bankruptcy and Litigation Solutions
Bankruptcy – Restructuring
Bobby Forshey is a partner in the Firm, and practices in the areas of bankruptcy, business reorganizations and workouts, and creditor’s rights. Mr. Forshey was included in the 2019 Texas Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters list. The list recognizes no more than 5% of attorneys in each state. Mr. Forshey has been selected in years 2003-2019 by his peers. Forshey Prostok is the only Fort Worth firm recognized in the 2020 edition of the Chambers USA/America’s Leading Lawyers for Business. The firm is recognized in the 2020 Chambers as a leading bankruptcy firm in Texas and is the only “boutique” firm so recognized. Mr. Forshey has been listed in Chambers USA as Leaders in their Field and was recently selected to serve as a Fellow for The Litigation Counsel of America (LCA). Mr. Forshey is Board Certified in Business Bankruptcy by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and TBLS-Bankruptcy Law Exam Commission.
Education & Professional
- Baylor Law School, J.D., Cum Laude 1979 (Notes and Comments Editor and Symposium Editor of the Baylor Law Review, 1978-79).
- Baylor University, B.A. 1976 Magna Cum Laude.
- Admitted to practice: Texas, United States District Court for the Northern, Western, Eastern and Southern Districts of Texas and before the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Board Certified Business Bankruptcy by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
Publications & Presentations
- Preserving Claims in Chapter 11 Plans – State Bar of Texas: 30th Annual Advanced Business Bankruptcy Course, September 12, 2012 Presentation
- Bankruptcy Pitfalls in Civil Trials: A Litigator’s Guide to Bankruptcy – State Bar of Texas: Advanced Civil Trial Course 2010, San Antonio, Dallas and Houston, Texas.
- Cramdown Interest Rates in Chapter 11 – Tarrant County Bar Association/Fort Worth Young Lawyers, Fort Worth, Texas, April 20, 2009 Presentation.
- Accrual Rule vs. Payment Rule: Conflicting Interpretations of the Obligations of a Chapter 11 Debtor under 11 U.S.C. sec.365(d)(3) – Tarrant County Bankruptcy Bar Luncheon Presentation, November 15, 2004.
- A Potpourri of Bankruptcy Issues: Administrative Claims, The Reading Exception, Preference Claims and Burdens of Proof – Tarrant County Bankruptcy Bar Luncheon Presentation, September 15, 2003.
- Insurance and Bankruptcy: It’s All Clear as Mud – A Basic Primer – Advanced Business Bankruptcy Course 2001, Dallas, Texas.
- Class Action Bankruptcy and Claims Issues Under 502(e) – Advanced Business Bankruptcy Course 2000, Houston, Texas.